October 28, 2008

Broccoli Soup

Mmmm....fall is definitely here in the East Bay! These days, the fog stays longer than normal, and there's a chill in the air at night that makes me want to stay in my bed forever. I know it's nothing like living in the East Coast, but you can definitely tell that the seasons are changing. Some of you may not know this, but fall is my favorite season...it makes me feel all warm an cozy inside, and I just want to burn candles and bake things and snuggle. I also love to make soups, so I tried my hand at a simple broccoli soup, courtesy of Martha Stewart. It was very simple and there were no crazy hard-to-find ingredients necessary. I topped it off with some crustini's for a nice yummy meal.



p.s. the color of the soup is my favorite part. Doesn't it remind you of St. Patrick's Day or something?

2 comments:

malcomama said...

St. Pattie's is the LEAST of it: looks delish! I'm a soup-crazed bi-atch these days...

Yes, isn't fall the BEST? I'm with you on the candles, baking, and cuddling! Ooh--oohh!!!

Unknown said...

All this talk of cuddling makes me want to...whip up a pile of that green broccoli soup full of crustini's. I just hope I make it to the toilet in time