September 12, 2008

Work work work!

I've just returned from my fabulous staff retreat in Half Moon Bay, CA. What a time we had! To be honest, I was thinking it was going to be really boring, involve a lot of reading, and nooooo fun time. But it wasn't! There was plenty of time to chat with my fellow NWPers, but also enough alone time for myself. In that respect, it truly felt like a "retreat". The theme was "Writing in a Democracy" - a pretty applicable topic, no? There were readings associated with the theme, which allowed for some pretty interesting conversation by all. It was great to be able to talk with people in my organization thatI don't usually talk to - especially about current events and the work that we do. All in all it was a pretty fantastic retreat. Now I back to weekend meetings.....blah!!!

2 comments:

malcomama said...

Hey...any website where I could go to read about your org/work, Shannon?

Shannon said...

I'd love for you to check it out! it's www.nwp.org :)