January 22, 2009

Silence....

I woke up this morning, already feeling like a 5 pound brick was lodged in my throat (I guess my trip to Atlanta has finally caught up wth me)...only to snooze my alarm and wonder if I could make it to work without coughing up a lung. I checked my email and my facebook and was shocked to see that an old friend, an adventurous, spirited, athletic, beautiful 31 year old woman had passed away doing what she loved most - climbing with her husband. The details are still fuzzy, but ice struck her and she fell 400 feet off of Mt. Hood. Her husband skiied to her, adminstered CPR, but it was of no use. I mourn for her, her family, Thad (her husband), and the countless others who were touched by her warm spirit and enthusiasm. You never realize how much someone touches your life until they are gone....

To my adventurous, spirited friends: I love you. Keep on doin' what you're doing.

1 comment:

malcomama said...

My heart goes out to you and your friends' loved ones. Sounds like she was a wonderful, dynamic woman...