March 2, 2009

Crazy people


This weekend, the "east bay tornado" (i.e. Jenny, Marcelle, Paula and I) headed up to Truckee to visit Kim and enjoy some mountain fun. Of course, our first stop was the Bar of America, known for it's exceptional people watching, live music, and men swirling around like vultures, waiting for single ladies to show up. Needless to say, THAT was an evening for the record books.

The following day, Kim took us to Gar Woods in Carnelian Bay to watch the annual Lake Tahoe Polar Bear swim. Those people be crazy!!! 40 degree water, a long-ass swim, and most with no wetsuits. Yes my friends, it chilled your bones just thinking about it. Of course we watched from afar, drinking a famous "wet-woody" (which is basically a POG/rum smoothie). Probably not the best drink for a cold mountain day. I was just in awe thinking about all those poor cold people. At least they could hang out in the hot tub after (which I was seriously considering jumping into).

Our trip ended on a very mellow note, and a loooong drive home. Yes, it was snowing bonkers and I'm sure there were gail-force winds. A normal 4 hour drive turned into 6 hours. Blah. I'm just glad I took today off!

Happy Monday to all!

No comments: