December 6, 2011

12 ornaments of Christmas

As I was hanging up my ornaments this year, I thought it would be fun to share 12 of their stories. For the rest of the month, I'll be posting 12 of my favorite ornaments and a short story about how I got them and why they are so special.

First up:

I love this ornament. I love it so much that it broke and I had to crazy glue it back together! This ornament I'm pretty sure I picked out at Macy's in San Francisco. See every year, my grandparents (or just my grandma) would take me to the city to experience the holiday season. Sometimes we'd see the nutcracker ballet, othertimes we would just shop in Union Square and eat at Kuletos (is that place still around?) I love this ornament because it symbolizes not only my favorite sight in San Francisco, but those yearly holiday trips with my grandma and grandpa.

No comments: