July 24, 2012

I couldn't resist...

Isn't it funny how we as humans impose our own emotions on our pets? For example: The remaining two chickens I have are doing fine, but I'm convinced they are sad and lonely without their sister. In reality, they probably already forgot about Rafiki (RIP!). So what does this mean? It means I went out and bought 2 baby chicks to add to our family....

Introducing, Poppy (a Rhode Island Red) and Noche (a Black Sex-link):




I got them yesterday at the Higby's feed store in Dixon, and oh my goodness are they adorable! Poppy was quite the loud one on the car ride home, but both have seemed to settle into their new digs just fine. Because they have spent the first 5-10 days of their lives being handled by people in the feed store, they actually like to be picked up and cuddled. Which is the best!

No comments: