January 7, 2006

almost home...

you know you're at a ghetto redneck bar when you have to use a piece of sheetrock to chalk up your cue stick. yes, my friends, as a farewell to my mom and her anxiety of flying to hawaii, we went at had a drink at the iron door saloon (said redneck, ghetto bar). one drink turned into 3, and before i knew it, my mom was not making her shots anymore....well, i wasn't really either! we eventually made it back to the house, only to find my step-dad waiting for us, all packed up and ready to leave. my mom was in no state to drive all the way to the bay area (she's a lightweight!) so kevin had to drive the whole way. and i heard all about it this morning at 8:15am, after kevin decided to wake me up. it was a very fun farewell party!

so now i'm left hear alone in the house with reggie. last night we bonded by watching a law and order marathon together, and i let him sleep on the bed. i've never had a dog that actually sleeps like a human on the bed - his head on the pillow and all! and then sometimes he turns upsidedown so he's laying on his back with his head on the pillow. awww....i'll miss him!

so my flight back home to boston leaves at 10am on monday. i'm NOT excited to return to the cold, but i am ready to finish off my LAST semester in grad school. whoohoo! i can't believe the time has gone by so fast....

No comments: