October 14, 2007

Trick OR Treat!

It's that time of year again...spider webs and pumpkins, candy corn and ghosts...

In an attempt to be festive (and original), I've decided to be Amy Winehouse for Halloween. Now for those who have been living under a rock for the past year or so, Amy is a brilliant British singer with a soulful voice. Oh yeah, and she's cracked out, literally. Supposedly, she's gotten clean, but I'm not too sure about that. Now I have no intention of getting cracked out on Halloween, but I will be wearing Amy's signature beehive, cat-like eyeliner, and many, many tattoos.

I had an exciting weekend visiting many friends....Kim came down from Truckee, where it's already snowed 3 times. Yeah for snow! Yeah for water! We spend the day walking in downtown Alameda, shopping, checking out the "Classic Car Show", and drinking Mojitos at La Pinata. It's not a trip to Alameda without going there!

After that I headed down to the Cruz to see Kristin, Jill, and Tracy. We had some great Sushi at Mobos (yum!) and of course, drank some beers at the Red Room. Ahhh...the Red Room! It was fun as always, though not the same that I remember it. Sure, I recognized some of the regulars there, (and Blaine, the bartender remembered me)...but I still felt like a stranger there! Oh well, guess that's what happens when you move on....

1 comment:

malcomama said...

your costume will ROCK! make sure to add pictures of it when you go out! (PS: did you get the package in the mail, Shannon?)