February 12, 2010

Day 5

I'm on Day 5 of my cleanse - this being the most stressful time of the year for me (aka eating and drinking alot), I thought it would be in the best interest of my liver (and colon) to have a break. So, I've been dairy, carb, and alcohol free for 5 days. The last time I did this cleanse was killer, this time it's actually not so bad. I've been filling myself with Mary's Gone Crackers (which I eat even if I'm not on a cleanse), lots of avocados, almond butter, and roasted veggies. I'm not gonna lie, I'm still having a cup of coffee per day (which really is discouraged), but I think that's what has kept me from getting the shakes.

photo by smittinkitchen.com


Anyway, when this cleanse is done, I'm going to slightly gorge myself on this simple pasta dish found on smittinkitchen.com. It's called spaghetti with cheese + black pepper, and is similar to my favorite simple pasta dish (sans balsamic vinegar). In this recipe, it seems like you kind of fry the spaghetti noodles in oil, then douse with the remaining pasta water and cheese. mmm...gooey cheese....

2 comments:

Nic (NotPerfect) said...

I might try the recipe out this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes (I use a lot of her recipes.)

Nicki

Shannon said...

yes, let me know how yours turns out!