February 3, 2010

Dirty teeth

The past few weeks (and months), my colleagues and I have been gearing up for this hugely important meeting of NWP folks in Berkeley. Site leaders come from across the country to read grant proposals, and it's a very intense, methodical process. We've gone through all of the materials, packed up 30 boxes, triple checked name tags - and now we're ready to roll. People are coming in tonight and tomorrow, with the show starting on Friday morning. I'll be working all weekend long, running errands, chatting, printing response letters, and making sure that there's enough dark chocolate on the premises. This is my third Annual Review, and I'm not gonna lie: it's the hardest event I've ever worked. Even harder than working a 5 day Desolation trip with 15 annoying kids (being dehydrated, no less!) Needless to say, I'm ready for Monday morning so I can sleep in, relax, and have a moment to myself. Believe me, the work doesn't end this weekend, but the hardest part does....

Wish me luck!

Oh, and the title of the post? I forgot to brush my teeth today my mind is so out of it. I know, gross!

No comments: