September 28, 2010

A Boling Wedding


I'm a little late on the posting - last week was one of the biggest meetings I'm responsible for, so I had no time to blog. But anyway, here's a great shot of our whole family from Paul's dad's wedding 2 weeks ago. Ed met his beautiful wife Tania about 3 years ago, and they have been going strong ever since. They had a beautiful and simple Quaker wedding at the Palo Alto Friends Meeting House (the meeting that Paul's family has attended since moving to the Bay Area from Pennsylvania). The ceremony was traditional in the Quaker sense (there were long periods of silence), but deeply personal in another (people were encouraged to speak about life and/or the couple during the hour of worship). I think the most emotional part for me was not only seeing Paul's dad so happy with his new wife, but the fact that Krista (Paul's mom, who passed on 13 years ago) was so much a part of the ceremony as well. Most people who know me know that I don't cry very often - but there wasn't a dry eye in the house! We are so happy to welcome Tania into the Boling family!

No comments: