March 30, 2011

DC Bound


I leave today for NWP's Annual Spring Meeting in Washington, D.C. Obviously, this year the visit is vitally important, since we have been zeroed out of the budget and are needing to fight our way back into it. I'm excited to return to D.C., and I'm excited to see all of our teachers fired up about the writing project. I'm hoping they will take that frustration and anger and turn it into positive stories that impact those with whom they speak. Scratch that, there's no doubt in my mind that that's what they will be doing. Case in point: 1,000 blog post in support of the NWP. Read the growing list here. I'm so proud to see my fellow writing project supporters post what the writing project has meant to them. I'll even be more excited to see this enthusiasm in person. On the flip side, I'm a little sad that this will be my last Spring Meeting, barring any unforeseen circumstances. That definitely brings a tear to my eye (and I'm sure to everyone else that's attending the event). I'll have to remember to pack the tissues....

No comments: