March 31, 2011

Next up: Cheese and Yogurt making

In spite of the fact that I'll be out of a job soon, without expendable income, and with lots of time on my hands, I've decided to read up more on Urban Homesteading. I've blogged about this before, and I can't say enough about how excited I am to grow my Urban farm and become somewhat self sustained! (I know - naysayers beware - if I have fresh eggs and veggies, and a compost pile, then I am way more self-sustained than any other city folk). Anyway, cheese and yogurt making seems something that I could do that would save a lot of money. Granted, I wouldn't get a cow to get the milk (well, I would if Paul/the HOA would let me!) but at least I can use good organic milk to begin with. This book has me dreaming of all things dairy. Mmmm.....


So, what do you think? I know that paying $4 for a tub of Greek yogurt makes me mad, considering it's simply milk, with some bacteria, strained. I'm hoping someone gets this book for me for my upcoming Dirty 30th birthday (hint hint!)

No comments: