September 26, 2011

Summer Highlights - Part 2

This summer I was lucky enough to go camping at least 4 times. You all know how much I love camping, so that made me a very happy girl! My favorite trip by far was the week long trip Paul and I took for our second anniversary (can you believe it's been that long?) We headed up Highway 50 to the Crystal Basin Recreation Area (outside of Pollock Pines). Lucky for us, it was after Labor Day and the place was deserted. We spent our time at Icehouse and Union Valley Reservoirs. We cooked, swam, hiked, napped, made fires, read books, played with Coco, and just lounged. It was magnificent.

 Allright stop. Hammock time.


Dead wood.


 Campsite guard

Beautiful sunsets

 Paul - headlamp and fir nighttime fun

Shannon trying to be artsy


No comments: