November 5, 2009

Pillow talk

I'm a HUGE fan of pillows, and I'm not sure why. I seem to accumulate them every time I'm at Ikea, or TJMaxx, or somewhere else that sells them cheaply. Our bed has become a mound of pillows (which I love, and Paul hates). Guess he hates getting lost in them.

Anyway, since pillow covers are super easy to make, I'm always on the lookout for fun fabric. Yesterday I was at the Crate and Barrel Outlet store in Berkeley (with a giftcard that was burning a hole in my pocket) and found some pretty cool and CHEAP fabric. It was only $4.95/yard (normally $18/yard)! Score!

The first pick was a red and green stripe-ish, holiday inspired one. I made 2 pillow covers with it last night while watching the Phillies lose the World Series. I think they turned out okay!

Before....with Jazzy gettin' up on it


After....the finished product!

The second choice was this pretty aqua green and white floral-ish print. These will look great on our bed. Pics to follow!

1 comment:

Angi B said...

I like the soon-to-be pillows for our bed! Great fabric choice.