November 13, 2009

The Wine Road

Last weekend was a very special treat - I ventured up to Sonoma County to visit some friends, a new baby, and drink lots of wine! My friend Season won tickets to this event called the "Wine Road." Basically 40 or so wineries were pouring their wine and pairing it with food. YUM. Isaac so graciously was our designated driver (though I'm not gonna lie, he did get some tastes in). I think my favorite place was Mill Creek. Their dessert wine was AMAZING! We even made it out to Korbel to do some champagne tasting. I guess I've never really had good champagne before, because man this stuff was great! In my semi-buzzed state I bought a nice bottle in celebration of meeting Mr. Jack Jeffery Busick. But...I'm jumping ahead.

So, after the Wine Road we made it back to Sebastopol, and Season started cooking up a feast. I made a yummy cheese plate, and some other ARTA folks came over for a mini-reunion. The real pleasure was meeting John and Angi's new little one Jack. What a doll! It was so hard to put him down, he is such a beautiful baby. Definitely got my uterus thumping. The next morning I was pretty incapacitated from all of the wine, so needless to say I did nothing all day. I can honestly say it was the first weekend in MANY months that I got to relax, and didn't feel like I had to do anything. It was great!

Now onto this weekend - nothing planned so far, but the weekends ahead are quite booked. I leave for Philadelphia next Wednesday for 10 days (NWP Annual meeting + Thanksgiving with the in-laws = fun stuff!)






Jack!

2 comments:

Angi B said...

YEAH for Thumping uteri! (Is that a word...is now!)

malcomama said...

Oh, Shannon, I want to do this type of thing with you guys! A wine road is SO up my particular alley!!! ;)