November 4, 2009

November time...

I know that some people don't like the fall - it starts to get colder, and it gets dark at like, 5pm....but I LOVE the fall. The fall means wearing warm scarves, buying new "winter" jackets, and a cozy home with candles burning and food baking (funny, I posted something similar about this time last year). Paul has been working nights for the past 2 weeks, so I've been able to enjoy some non-interupted "fall" time for myself - admiring the leaves and the smell of cold when I get home from work, snuggle time with the kitties while I'm reading, and baking of all sorts (pumpkin bread, granola, and roasted chicken). I'm determined to make our house really "ours" by the time Christmas/Paul's birthday comes around this year. I'm going to start posting before/after pics of rooms that I'm redecorating - on a budget, of course. Here are a few of my inspirations:

For the bedroom....


(Young House Love)


For the kitchen....
(Ikea Groland Kitchen Island)


For the living room....


(Cost Plus)

1 comment:

Angi B said...

love the curtains, found some at cost plus that I LOVED too. But they were for the nursery (if I had a girl). Super cute!