April 27, 2011

Chicken Update

It's been a long time since I updated ya'll on my chicken operation (i.e. 3 chickens). My dad and Paul recently completed their brand new coop (a whole 12x4 foot mansion!) The girls are in heaven - in fact, they are not quite sure what to do with themselves. I find them still hovering around each other, not realizing how much space they have! Anyway, they are each still laying 1 egg per day, which means we're getting a 1/2 dozen every 2 days. It's awesome! Coco has finally been introduced to them, and she's been great - no barking or rough housing, just lots of sniffing.

The building...







The girls...






1 comment:

malcomama said...

What a great coop! Nate just built a new one for our hens, too. Those Barred Rocks are SO pretty. We have one (Malcolm named her Baby Zebra)...I want more.