January 10, 2011

Inspiration

As I mentioned last week, the New Year has gotten me motivated to finish many projects in the house that we haven't had time to complete. Most are small (like painting accent walls in the bedrooms), but others require some long-term strategy and finances (like re-doing the master bathroom, not to mention getting new cabinets for the kitchen!) At any rate, I checked one big item off this list which was rearranging our bedroom. Of course I didn't take a picture, but I think I will after the room is complete (I'm planning on painting a few accent walls this weekend). In the meantime, I'll leave you with this inspiration for our guest room. Right now it has a vintage feel (with an old quilt on the bed, a rustic dresser, lavender in canning jars, and a vintage wooden student desk as the side table). I really love the color scheme in this room by Karen Barlow and think it would look great in our little guest room - let me just say, I'm not going to paint the room pink! But the accent colors are pretty, don't you think?


from design*sponge

1 comment:

malcomama said...

What a dream this room is! The palette is awesome...and I love the hodge-podge of furniture.