January 28, 2011

Winter reads

One of my new year's resolutions is to be more sustainable and keep on workin' on my urban homestead. Well, today I came across this post on Design Sponge that included many inspirational books on sustainability, urban homesteading, and living handmade.


I'm resisting the urge to go out and buy every book on this list (another 5 days 'til payday), though I think this one is a must-buy for a weekend read:

The Urban Homestead: Your Guide to Self-sufficient Living in the Heart of the City

Now, we don't exactly live in the city, which is great because we have a lot of space to work with (read: garden, raise chickens, maybe a goat or two?) This post may have inspired me to put my work gloves on, rotate the compost pile, and start digging this weekend.

Happy Friday to all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go Shannon and Paul!Enjoy and have fun!