January 6, 2011

My favorite gift


I got a few really cool things this Christmas, but none of them compare to what Paul got me. A commissioned painting of my cats (our cats?) from his artist friend in San Diego. This picture is from my camera phone, so it doesn't do justice to the size of the painting. It's 3 feet x 4 feet! I really wish I had a camera to record the look on my face when he gave it to me. It went a little something like this:

Paul: "Merry Christmas!!!" (holding the painting)
Me: "What....is.....that?" (starts laughing uncontrollably)
Paul: "It's your kitties!"
Me: "I know it's my kitties, but on a painting? You are so random! I love it!"

Okay, maybe that's not the best reenactment, but let's just say I was confused, amazed, and heartwarmed all at the same time. This is a huge gift, considering it comes from the man who doesn't really like my cats. (Scratch that - he likes Jazzy, but not Uintah). Anyway, if you ever need a custom piece of artwork, let us know and we can hook you up with a great artist!

No comments: