October 26, 2010

Crafts and Work and Fun oh my!

The NWP are Craft Magazine and partnering up to host a small Make! at the 2010 NWP Annual Meeting! It's like, my dream come true - my work and crafts together!

The whole idea behind the Make! is that creating and writing go hand in hand. When you create something and want to show someone else how to do it, you write about it. As I've found out, writing instructions for projects is actually pretty hard! (I sometimes wonder how Craft and Instructables do it). Anyhow, I've been invited to be a teacher at the Make, and so I've had to develop a small project that can be done and taught to folks in 1 hour. After that, we'll write about the process, take pictures, and create a tutorial. Here's what I came up with:

Market bag

This bag is made from a pillowcase and decorated with fabric. And did I mention, there's no sewing (the seams, at least) involved? I had to adapt what I would usually do to the environment we'll be in (i.e. a huge conference room) and the materials we can use (i.e. no sewing machine, just irons). I can't wait to report back on how it goes and share with you the tutorial!

No comments: